AOL Desktop Gold has become widely popular among users as it enables them to work on different apps at a single place. The upgrade of AOL Desktop to AOL Desktop Gold has brought in a lot of new and amazing features. It is a really user-friendly software which is not much trouble to use. This software provides the users with features such as browsing the web, listening to music, playing games, watching movies and much more. If you wish to download AOL Desktop Gold you can do so by visiting their official website where you can find a link to download the software. With huge advancement in technology, the problems that come with that isn’t left behind as such. Even after AOL Desktop is a highly efficient software, it does face some technical snags. One of the issues that the users of AOL Desktop Gold face are the issue of AOL Desktop Gold not responding or not opening. If you too are facing the same problem, you can easily resolve this issue by following the steps given below. It is also equally important that you know the reason why you are facing this problem.
Some of the reasons for this malfunction to take place has been given below:
- The incomplete installation process of the software
- Another corrupt or damaged software is causing the issue
- Your system is infected by virus, malware or spyware
- The HDD is damaged or not functioning properly
These are some of the main reasons which cause the error of AOL Desktop Gold not opening. If you find the need to know more detail about the reasons, you can attain this information by getting in touch with the AOL Desktop Gold customer care.
Methods to troubleshoot AOL Gold Won’t Open Issue:
- Scan your system for any possible virus threat, delete if the scan finds any potential threats.
- Make sure that you delete all the junk and unnecessary files from your system, at the same time clean your recycle bin.
- Open the Control Panel and then navigate to programs
- Choose the AOL Desktop Gold option and opt to uninstall the program
- Now download the AOL Desktop software from the official AOL website
- After downloading the software, update AOL Desktop Gold by installing the newly downloaded file
- You should now reboot your computer after the installation process is complete
Following the above-given steps, it ought to solve the problem that you are facing. Once you identify the cause of the issue is gets easier to rectify the issue. If at any point you get caught up with the issue you can promptly avail assistance from the AOL desktop gold customer care.
Related Guide – How to Enable or Disable Password Manager in AOL Desktop Gold