Error 30159 of QuickBooks payroll is caused when there is a failure of file setup in the operating system. There are many reasons behind this error some of which includes ‘damaged company file, invalid or non-existing EIN, outdated version of windows, hardware problem etc.’ and the effects that this error causes are ‘system crashing frequently, slow performance of the PC and active programs start crashing one after the other’. It can take a toll on your work progress when this error occurs and the only way to resolve it is by manually updating the system and also through the use of payroll error 30159 utility. If you are earnest to learn about how to solve this error through the use of these two methods, you can either take this blog as a reference or you can consult the executives at QuickBooks customer care number.
You will know when this error happens, your system will notify you through an error message box saying ‘QuickBooks has encountered a problem and need to close’. Whenever you see this, apply these methods immediately.
Method 1: Updating your system manually
- The foremost thing you need to do is to log in to your system as the administrator and navigate to ‘all programs’.
- From the list, choose the ‘accessories’ option and select ‘system tools’.
- After you open that folder, you need to click on ‘system restore’.
- And under this click on ‘restore my computer to an earlier time’ and click ‘next’.
- Keep going till you see the confirmation window and once the process is complete, immediately restart the computer and launch QuickBooks payroll.
Method 2: Downloading QuickBooks payroll error 30159 utility
- This is another way you can troubleshoot the error.
- The first thing you have to do is to download QuickBooks payroll error 30159 utility.
- After it has been downloaded, install the file on your system and start to scan the computer.
- After the scan is complete, click the option that reads ‘fix QB errors’ and waits till the utility tool finishes fixing the errors.
- Once it is done you have to restart the computer and launch QuickBooks.
These are some of the steps and methods that can be used to troubleshoot the error 30159 in QuickBooks. It is effective and will give you positive results. But if it takes no initiative in resolving the error, you can also get in touch with QuickBooks helpline number to receive assistance from experienced professionals.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted QuickBooks Files