If your Avast scan hangs or stops at 70% then there is no need to get worried at all because you can troubleshoot the hassle at your end only. Antivirus has become a necessity to protect the device from dangerous threats. When it comes to choosing the best antivirus, Avast is preferred by most of the users. But sometimes, this antivirus, when used for scanning, causes glitches. You can get in touch with the Avast help number to talk to the technical assistance so that you will know the proper solution. You can also disable Avast antivirus with the help of expert technicians.
The best fixture for the interrupted scanning is to renew your Avast security software. By doing so the problem will be rectified automatically. You can follow the given steps to renew the product. Moreover, there are two options from which you can choose the preferred one. It is recommended to choose the one that can be performed easily.
Option 1: Renew Avast via system tray icon
- Double click on the reversible icon and then select exit from the system tray
- Click on the icon to open the application
- Navigate to the bottom and then right click on the system tray icon
- Select check for the program updates
- Tap on the close button once the download is completed
- Run a scan by clicking on the scan button
Option 2: Renew Avast using the main console
- Right click on the reversible icon located on the taskbar and click on the exit icon
- Open the main application and double-click on the Avast icon
- Select identity, click on ‘About the software’
- Choose to click on the close button when the download gets finished
- Run a scan after the completion
However, even after renewing the Avast product, when you do the scan and it stops at 70% again then there is something that you might have missed at the time of troubleshooting. But instead of wasting any more time in thinking how to call Avast, you must focus on repeating the steps once and then identifying the step which you have done wrong.