The advent of AOL Desktop Gold has changed the lives of people all over the world by making their daily tasks a lot easier to handle. Whether you are working or playing games on the computer, you are able to do so through the features that are available in this software. With its new advanced features along with online protection and security, desktop gold has elevated the level of desktop software and has given other software programs a tough competition. And by now it must be clear to you that this software can be accessed on both Mac and Windows. And since these two has very different interfaces, there are some variations in the process of installation of the software.
There are a lot of blogs and forums about installing this on a Windows-operated computer. This is why customers have raised the question of asking for the steps needed to install AOL Desktop Gold on Mac. If you are keen on learning how to execute this process, you may either choose to take this blog as a reference or, contact the 24hours online AOL customer service.
Like any other software, Desktop Gold requires you to meet the basic system needs of the software before you download AOL Desktop Gold. Your Mac must have a minimum of 512 MB of free space, along with an updated browser and a strong internet connection. You will also need at least 1 GB of RAM and a 266 MHz speed processor and a 1024×768 screen resolution. If you don’t have either one of this, it would be wise to get it done now to prevent any error.
Steps to Install AOL Desktop Gold on Mac
- Open your safari or any browser and go to the login page of AOL account.
- Go to the discover AOL page and under ‘products and services’ click on the ‘download now’ button or link and proceed.
- After the download is complete, navigate to the folder which holds the downloaded file and click on the icon.
- On the download dialog box, click the ‘continue’ option and on the information and license agreement page, click ‘continue’ again.
- Click on ‘agree’ to install software and click the ‘install’ button.
- Provide your username and password and close the box.
- Wait a while for the install to get completed. After which, you must restart your computer once.
If you have reached the end of the final step you must have successfully installed desktop gold to your Mac. However, if you are still stuck in a step due to some technical glitches or complication visit the online customer service site of AOL.
Also Read: AOL Desktop Gold Download & Install Help