It has been seen that sometimes people go through difficulties with QuickBooks software. A very common problem with this software is about getting QuickBooks installation error with Mac and Windows. This error opposes the program to run on the computer or comes on the computer screen after clicking on the company files. There is a number of reasons which trigger this problem. This problem can be resolved very easily if you know suitable steps. Also, you can take help from QuickBooks customer support number. Via this number, you can get the guidance of a qualified expert to solve this problem.
Causes of QuickBooks Installation Error
There can be various factors which cause this problem, take a look at below-mentioned reasons.
- Continuous double click on the company file or opening the company file, again and again, restrict the company file from opening successfully.
- Sometimes people open the company file by the wrong method, it also causes the problem.
- Problem with the software reports and other windows in the file.
- When people try to open QuickBooks files by using an improper version of QuickBooks also trigger this error.
- Corrupt data or files into the QuickBooks folder, improper file name, and extension.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Installation Error on Windows and Mac
Here are some methods which you can use to solve this error on Windows:
Method 1. Close QBW32.exe running program
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task manager, then click on the Processes tab.
- Then click on the header stating as ‘Image Name’ to sort alphabetically.
- Go to the location of the .exe file, select it and choose to End the process.
Method 2. Suppress the QuickBooks application
- On the Computer home screen, right click on the QuickBooks Icon, then press and hold the Ctrl key and chose to open QuickBooks.
- Then open the company file without error.
Method 3. Restart the computer
Computer restart refreshed the RAM and remove the problematic state of the computer. It is one of the simplest and worked way to solve the problem. So, restart the computer and try to solve the problem.
Method 4. Re-register QuickBooks components present in the Windows
Run reboot.bat tool on the computer and re-register.DLL and .OCX files present in the Windows.
Method 5. Repair QuickBooks installation
Run the repair process by using a tool to fix the problems with corrupt or damaged installation files.
Method 6. Clean install QuickBooks
Reinstall QuickBooks software again and make sure to completely install the software without any error.
Now, let’s discuss the steps to fix this error on Mac:
- Start your Mac and go to ‘File > Utility > Verify Data” location.
- Choose to End or restart the process, and after this restart your computer.
These steps will help you to solve the QuickBooks installation error on Mac and Windows. In case you get confused while following these steps, then you should take help from certified techies on QuickBooks customer care number.
Also Read- How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159