With such an amazing device and application, the users of Echo Alexa can enjoy the Alexa powered calling and message service. It’s an all-new way to contact family and friends who also have Echo devices in their homes and Alexa installed on their IOS or Android devices. If you are new to this feature and don’t know how to activate and set it up then you must get in touch with Echo Alexa customer service that stays available 24×7 online.
What is Alexa calling?
Known as Alexa to Alexa calling and messaging, the free service was introduced by Amazon in earlier this year. It helps you keep in touch with friends who have supported Echo device and Alexa installed. Moreover, you can leave a text or voice message apart from calling.
Basic Requirement for Alexa Calling
You will need an Amazon account, a valid mobile phone number and the Alexa app on a device to call. The service needs to be set up using the Alexa app. Once the setup is done, you can use the service with an Echo or Echo dot.
How does the Alexa calling work?
- Download the Alexa app from the Apple app store or google play store
- Open the app and select the conversation icon on the home screen, follow the instructions
- Confirm your name, enable access to your contact list and verify your phone number through text.
Placing a call:
- Select the conversation icon on the home screen
- Tap the contact icon in the upper corner
- You will see the contacts who have the Alexa app or a supported Echo device
- Click on a contact and then you will see an option to place a call
Also Read: How to Fix Amazon Echo Issues?
There are plans ahead from the manufacturer’s end of introducing call waiting and ability to transfer calls. If you face any difficulty in setting up the calling, then try reaching out to Amazon echo technical support, where the trained technicians will help in the installation and setup of the calling service without any hassles.