The closer you get to the deadline to file your tax returns the more anxious you tend to become. TurboTax is a software that can help you reduce the manual work involved while filing your tax returns and at the same time can reduce your stress as well. There are different versions of TurboTax and each has its own unique features. If you want more information about which version is best suited to your financial needs then you can call the TurboTax customer service number and speak to a trained expert. Once you decided on which version of TurboTax you want you should also be clear about the installation process.
TurboTax is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS. The installation process for TurboTax depends on the operating system you use. If you do not install TurboTax properly then you will encounter errors every time you run the software resulting in frequent crashes and errors. This article will give you some basic troubleshooting steps that you can follow whenever you find that TurboTax is not working on your Mac device.
What to do when TurboTax is not working on Mac?
- Check the internet connection on your Mac device to a make sure the network speed is fast and the connection does not fluctuate. You should also pause or stop any downloads that may be using up all your data.
- You should be sure to run the TurboTax software via the application folder and avoid using the CD or the mounted virtual drive.
- It will also help if you restart your modem or router so as to refresh your internet connection. TurboTax will work more efficiently if you have a strong internet signal. You can contact your service provider to see if you can upgrade your plan.
- Sometimes the performance of your Mac device may be slow because of the accumulation of temporary or unnecessary files. You should routinely clear your trash folder and delete any temporary files on your system.
Install TurboTax Updates on Mac
Apart from the steps mentioned above you can also try and update TurboTax to make sure you are using the latest version:
- Go to the TurboTax menu on your Mac device
- Press and hold the option key for about three seconds
- You will notice that the option changes from ‘check for updates’ to ‘Download latest updates.’
- Click on download and complete the instructions to update TurboTax on Mac
These steps are just the beginning and will help resolve the minor technical errors that are preventing TurboTax from running smoothly. If you notice that the software is still giving problems then in all probability there is a deeper more advanced technical glitch in your system or with the TurboTax software. In this scenario, you can always call the TurboTax customer service number and ask to speak to an expert about the issues you are facing. This helpline is open 24 hours a day and the TurboTax support number representatives are well equipped to handle any error you may face while using TurboTax on Mac.
Also Read: How to Resolve TurboTax Error 0510