Installation issue is one of the common issues with printer driver user face. Dell is one of the known company in the computer and printer market. When you update your Windows OS version, you may face this driver installation issue constantly. You should make sure to use the latest printer drivers to get a good working experience with your printer.
This driver installation issue curable by some troubleshooting steps, but to perform these methods you should have a little bit of tech knowledge. If you are not a tech person, then you should take the help of techies available on Dell Printer customer care number.
Reasons behind the Driver Installation Issue
There are various factors due to which a user face this issue:
- The printer drivers you are trying the install are not compatible with the operating system.
- Driver files or your computer is corrupted.
- You didn’t install the drivers at the time of printer installation.
- You didn’t update the drivers at the time of printer device upgrade i.e. you are installing old printer drivers on a new printer.
How to Fix a Dell Printer Driver Installation Issue?
Before, getting to the steps to solve this issue, you should make sure that the issue is generated from drivers or somewhere else. For that:
- Go to control panel and click on System tab.
- Select Device manager, and click on Drivers.
- If there is an issue with drivers, then you will see a yellow triangle next to the Dell Printers.
Now, you know the origin of the Driver installation issue. If the problem is within the driver or software. Then go through these steps:
- Firstly, check the model number of your Dell printer, and note it somewhere.
- Then open your web browser and go to the official website of Dell.
- Scroll down in the page, and in the last section click on support option.
- Then click on Drivers and Downloads.
- Then search for your Dell Printer model number.
- Then click on your model number in the search result to start the download.
- Select the location, where you want to keep the downloaded files. Then click on Continue.
Now you have downloaded the latest drivers, which are compatible with your printer. Perform an installation process to completely install the drivers. In case, if you are still facing the same issue. Then get in touch with techies, available on Dell printer support number.