There are many people around the world who prefer self-installation of services or products over the professional help. If you are one of them then there is great news! Here you will have a full step by step guide for the XFINITY installation. If you think that it is a time-consuming process then you should reach out to Comcast XFINITY Customer Service by Chat, Email, Toll-Free Phone Number where the professionals will guide you. Self-installation is simple and hassle-free but you must make provision for all the required things near you.
Although there are a few challenges involved in this way you can overcome them if you will follow the process from start to end. Have a look at the advantages of XFINITY internet self-installation.
- It saves your time and can be done according to your schedule.
- It saves the cost of professional installation
- You can customize the equipment as per your preference
Solution: XFINITY Self-Installation
You just need to perform the given steps one by one, the procedure is far simple than it seems. The whole installation is divided into stages which will make it easier for you to follow.
Stage 1: Order your XFINITY Services
Select the internet service at the time of ordering your XFINITY service online, you can also opt for the self-installation kit
Stage 2: Receive your equipment by mail
Stage 3: Installing the equipment
When you will receive the kit, you will see the different components wired together. There will be cables, modem or wireless gateway and some accessories. If not found then contact XFINITY Comcast Tech Support.
- Connect your modem to the cable wall outlet with a coaxial cable
- Connect your modem to network devices via Ethernet cable
- Connect your modem to a wall outlet using a power cord and turn the device on
- Wait for the light to stop flashing and remain steady
Stage 4: Activate your equipment
You can do the online installation by these steps –
- Visit the official website of XFINITY activate
- Verify your identity by entering your account and phone number
- Follow the instructions for the rest of the activation process
Stage 5: Configure your home Wi-Fi
Your computer should be connected to the internet via XFINITY modem. You will need to create a wireless network for your Wi-Fi enabled devices and then refer the guide for the further installation setup of the home network by using the network name and password on the side of the device.
You must keep in mind that there are a few disadvantages of self-installation that you have opted. Have a glance at some of the common troubles that you might face.
- Troubleshooting can be challenging if you have no idea about technical aspects
- You might get confused with the guide
All the stages included basic setup steps, in case you come across any other snag then don’t hesitate in reaching out to XFINITY Comcast Helpline Number which can be dialled 24×7. The technical representatives will help you further in the completion of the installation.