There are several online email service providers in the market which provides various features to the users. The primary function of an email service provider is to send and receive emails across the web. One of the most frustrating issues which the users come across while working on an online email service is when they are unable to send or receive emails. There are several such issues which the users come across while using email services. If you are using Yahoo Email service, then there minimal chances that you would come across any malfunction. Even if at some point you come across the issue of not being able to send and receive emails on your Yahoo email, then you can solve the issue easily using some simple steps. One thing that the user must understand is that the problem in receiving and sending emails can come across on any device be it android, mac, etc. There are also chances that you come across such a malfunction because of the third-party apps. The users can easily find a solution against this issue by undertaking a complete analysis of this blog; they also have the option of connecting with Yahoo customer service number, where they would get all the attention required.
Reasons Why Yahoo Mail is not Sending and Receiving Emails
There are multiple reasons which might be causing the issue of you not being able to receive and send emails from your Yahoo email account. It gets all the more important that you understand the reason to be able to solve the issue efficiently. Some of the most common reason for this issue has been stated below:
Issues because of which you are not receiving emails on Yahoo
- The browser that you are using is incompatible with Yahoo.
- When the Yahoo email server is down.
- When there is an accumulation of too many caches and cookies in your browser.
- When the internet connection on your system is not functioning properly.
- When your Yahoo email account is low on storage space.
- There could be an extension or add-on present in your browser which is stopping Yahoo from loading.
- The antivirus or firewall settings on your system could be restricting yahoo.
- There are also chances that you would have blocked the sender by mistake because of which you are not receiving their email.
- There is also a high possibility that the filters you have set on your Yahoo account are causing the malfunction.
- The issue where the sender enters the email address incorrectly.
- When the email account configuration has been set incorrectly.
Reasons because of which you are unable to send emails on Yahoo
- It could be that you are trying to send a number of emails than the permissible limit on your Yahoo account.
- When the file that you are attaching in your email is beyond the limit that is permitted by Yahoo.
- When your account has not been accurately configured on the third party app that you are using access your Yahoo account.
- When your Yahoo email account is blocked by Yahoo because of sending numerous spam messages.
- When there is an error or an issue with the browser that you are using for accessing the Yahoo account.
- When the recipient has listed your email in the block list.
How to solve the issue of not being able to send or receive emails on your Yahoo email account?
In case you come across this issue, you would have to solve this at the earliest to be able to get back to using Yahoo for your email services. The steps that you would have to follow are as given below:
Steps to solve the issue of not being able to send email
- Firstly make sure that you are trying to send a number of emails than the permitted limit.
- Examine the internet connection on your system and make sure that there is no issue with the connection.
- It is also advised that the users cross check the email address that the users are entering.
- Make sure that you clear the cache and cookies of your browser.
- It is suggested that the users disable the add-ons and extension that are present on your browser.
- Try sending an email after disabling the antivirus and firewall settings on your system.
- Make sure that they have not been blocked by the recipients.
Steps to solve the issue of not being able to receive email
- You would first have to check the spam folder on your Yahoo account, as there are chances of emails going directly to the spam folder.
- Ensure that your system is properly connected with the internet connection and that there is no malfunctioning.
- Cross-examine the email filters and block settings on your Yahoo mail account.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus and windows firewall settings.
If you are still unable to solve this issue with the steps given above, then you must also check the IMAP and POP settings for your Yahoo email. You can also avail assistance from trained experts by connecting with Yahoo Mail Support.